It is very rare to relate Self-Publishing with Academics, as this market has been dominated by University Press and prestigious journal publishers for almost half a century. Cambridge published its first book in 1584 making it the oldest publishing house in the world. It is not difficult to understand that with the strict peer review process and scientific attitude, even with the trend of explosive increase of self-publishing in the 21 st century, the university professors and researchers still hold themselves back from this approach.
- The author can create the books based on the most imminent needs from the readers, in the academic world, it will be undergraduate students,scholars or intelligent non-academics, without worrying about the lengthy process tradition from most of the university press or publishers.
- There is no cost for the writers when they are using most of the publishing platforms online like KNiTO ,
- The features of peer review and collaboration still allow the book to follow the strict scientific attitude.
- No need to mention that the books can be distributed to the readers immediately to their devices, and you can see the readership analytics to see the feedback from the readers in time.
- A good share of royalty can be channeled back to your account when every sale happens.
- Lastly, the modern ePUB 3 format facilitates the input of interactive assets for educational books especially, the audios, videos, quizzes,gamification, tutorials can be created and accessed intuitively which make the reading experience more engaging.
Many publishers and writers have discovered the benefits of ePUB 3 and started publishing their content in such format.
KNiTO book store is a ePUB 3 only bookshop on the market now, with its powerful authoring studio and interactive, reader feature, you can make the publish, sell and read in one stop. Check www.knito.com for further details.